Stories of the High River Flood is so grateful for the overwhelming support of our community.
You may have written a story or sent in a photo. You may have taken down and typed someone’s story, or worked at one of our booths selling books. You may have made a financial donation or purchased our book. You may have liked and shared our Facebook page and helped to spread the word.
So many have done so much to make the book a reality. It could never have been possible without that help. There have been over 7,000 donated hours recorded! 90% of the books sold in 30 days.
In addition to those who received acknowledgements in the book we would like to say THANK YOU:
To our amazing distributors:
• Sun Life Financial – Heather, Dave, Joanna and Colleen – thank you for allowing us to invade your space, store our books, distribute pre-sales and so much more.
• High River Denture & Implant Clinic – Gerard, Kim and Jolaine – with your generosity to fill your garage with books and sell them.
• The Girls Next Door – Tammy, thank you for selling books from your business during your busiest season.
• Literacy for Life, our grant partner – thank you Sue and Stephanie for distribution and storage.
• Courtney Russell, Brenda McCredie, Carol Fitzgerald and Trudy Campbell for all your help selling and distributing.
• Greg Lilburn and friends for moving boxes of books around at a moments notice.
Special appreciation to:
• Angus McIntyre of McIntyre Communications for building and managing our website
• Jody Seeley, Sun Country radio for media support and sharing MC duties at our Launch.
• Charlie Brown at AM1140 and Kevin Rushworth at High River Times for media coverage.
• To all those who came and spoke or read their stories at our Launch.
• Beautiful Blooms for the flowers at our Launch and the Museum of the Highwood for hosting.
• Shari Gannon, my amazingly capable assistant.
To our dedicated Committee:
• Sue Stegmeier
• Judy McMillan-Evans
• Lorrie Beach
• Pam Jackson
• Doreen Needham
Thanks to all of you $102,000.00 will go to the new High River Cancer Centre ($30,000), Literacy for Life ($25,000), High River Fire Department’s new training facility ($22,000), Senior’s fitness programs ($15,000), and Meals on Wheels ($10,000).